Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Plans for Japan

As my departure for Japan is drawing near, I have been busy packing and taking care of all the last minute travel plans. I am set to leave on May 29. I will be posting updates on the work we are doing in Japan, photos, and specific prayer requests, for those of you who would like to follow along.
Tim and Christine Huber have been working in evangelism, discipleship, and church-planting in Japan for many years. Their most recent plans are to begin a youth-oriented church beginning in May of this year. They are in need of a number of young people from the United States to go assist in this outreach.
As I have prayed over this matter, I feel that God is leading me to go serve in Japan one year with them. I will be leaving the end of May 2009, and will be helping them in various ways while I am there, including: leading worship, starting cell groups, planning youth activities, and building relationships.
Thanks to those who have helped by supporting me thru prayer and financially. The cost for this trip is approximately $1000 per month. Currently, I have around half that amount pledged. I have also sent in my visa application recently and am waiting for that to be accepted. Prayers for my visa to be accepted and for continued financial provision are greatly appreciated.
Contributions designated for Amy Sauder can be given to 12 Oaks Community Church or mailed to PAZ, PO Box 3253, Peoria, IL 61612-3253. If you would like to support me financially on a monthly basis, please let me know.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support!

Amy