Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My last days in America this Year

Wow! Never knew I could get so exhausted from hanging out. Every day this past week has been jam-packed spending time with friends and family. Restaurants, ziplines, packing suitcases, a wedding, discipleship hangout, softball, and lots of tears and hugs have been the majority of my life the past few days. It's been a blast getting to reconnect with all of you guys. Thanks for the good times!

Tonight will be my last night at youth group at my church, and tomorrow I'll spend with family and last-minute packing. Then friday I'll be heading to the airport to say goodbye to my family, Hannah's family, and Laura, who will all wave me off. Then me and Hannah will fly to Chicago, and then to Tokyo. Mark, Becky, and Brad (3 people we're working with there) will be meeting us at the airport where I'll say "Konichiwa" and hope I learn my Japanese fast, since that's just about the only word I know.

Prayer Requests:
-- Quick adjustment physically, emotionally, and spiritually
-- Continued financial provision...while most of my finances are in, I still need a little more monthly support.
-- That God will prepare me to grow and be used for His glory in Japan

Praise:
-- My visa was accepted within 2 business days of sending it in! Yay!!!
-- God has allowed some serious breakthrough in my life and is continuing to reveal His love to me...if all I know is Jesus' love, that's enough for me.